Cheverly Village Basics
What is Cheverly Village?
Cheverly Village is a nonprofit organization of Cheverly neighbors committed to help older residents live at home and in community for as long as they would like.
Cheverly Village may be for you if you:
- Want to live in your Cheverly home as long as possible;
- Are a senior or are disabled;
- Want access to Village services;
- Want to participate in Cheverly Village’s social, cultural, and education activities; or,
- Want to support Cheverly Village as an important part of the broader Cheverly Community.
What does Cheverly Village do?
Cheverly Village coordinates the efforts of trained volunteers to provide services to Village members. It brings together Cheverlians of all ages to strengthen community and age in motion.
Cheverly Village DOES
- Provide rides to medical appointments, cultural events and other places
- Handle little tasks around your house and yard
- Connect you with useful resources, such as government programs and neighbor-recommended businesses
- Make home visits and phone calls, if you’d like
- Arrange get-togethers to learn new things, share a meal, take a trip, and just have fun!
Cheverly Village DOES NOT
- Provide in-home health care
- Do routine home maintenance or make major home repairs
How does Cheverly Village work?
1. Become a member of Cheverly Village by filling out an application, meeting at your home with two Cheverly Village representatives, and arranging to pay the membership fee, which is set on a sliding scale according to household income level.
2. Once you are a member, call the Service Coordinator to arrange for a ride, get help with a household chore, or ask about other services.
3. A Cheverly Village coordinator matches you with a ready volunteer or, in some cases, gives you information about available commercial providers.
4. A friendly, well-trained, and vetted Cheverly neighbor provides your requested services.
NOTE: You do NOT pay or tip anyone from Cheverly Village. Your membership covers services, volunteer training, coordination, and insurance.